Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Changes...

Some say change is good. Some have trouble with change. I just say that change IS.

It happens. We change - our bodies, our roles, our ... The people physically in our lives change - some leave, others enter.

In recent days I have been thinking of the changing of roles. My identity, the role I have placed most value and pride in is - Tyra's mom. Wasn't hard to guess that I am sure. My email address, my Face Book profile, the van I drive, all of it tied to that role - Tyra's mom.

I will always be Tyra's mom. I will always long to hear others call me that. So DON'T stop!!! Just as my parent's death made me no less than the daughter of Ralph & Sidney. Tyra's death has made me no less her mom.

With all this said. There are some changes occurring in my life. The return of joy. My smile at a whole new level. The emerging of feelings and hopes that I had not imagined possible.

Change IS.

Silly as it may seem or sound to others I have struggled with changing my profile picture on FaceBook. Since signing on close to 3 years ago this image has represented me -


I've not changed it. When others have joined in on acknowledging special days or causes through the image on their profile. This image has remained on mine. Always Tyra's mom. I had not thought I would recognize myself without her. Today I look in the mirror and am amazed and oh so grateful to see again the Joy. I am more recognizable today than perhaps at all in the 29 months since she died.

With all this said I am not ready to see a photo of myself alone (I know she is in my heart). So the following image will stand in for now.



This picture was taken at Tyra's grave site early one recent morning after a long day and night of change. I will share more on this but for today I acknowledge that, Change IS...

No comments:

Post a Comment