Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to School...

Hey Kiddo,
I know, a letter on a non-holiday. Well, I figured with all the commotion (earthquake, hurricane, tornadoes) you deserved a personal acknowledgement. Actually Ty, Mommy just really really wants to talk to you. I want to hold you. I want to hear your laugh, gosh I'd even be okay hearing that impatient shout of yours. School starts today.You wouldn't be starting until tomorrow with the upperclassman. Your Senior year... wow. We would have been shopping already. Shopping not just for your incredibly fashionable gear but shopping for; Mr. Dumpson's - Black Forest Gummy Bears, Mrs. Davis' - Peanut M&Ms, Miss Sherry's - soft peppermints, Mr. Harrel's - Twizzlers, of course we'd send Miss Bonner (Mrs. Grunden) some Nerds ;-) The list goes on. You loved to give. We loved to see that everyone had their favorite. There have been so many wonderful people that have come into your (our) life - Mr. Alston & his Snickers mustn't be forgotten either. I miss them. I miss meeting your new teachers. I miss figuring out the best way to include you in the class discussion. I just... well... I just miss being your mom HERE on this side of heaven.

Mommy is preparing for an adventure. I have been excited but as the days approach I am saddened still that my favorite traveling companion will not be physically joining me. We were quite the pair, huh kiddo? Seamless, in sync, it was all so GOOD. It is crazy how the days and weeks go on, how I can encounter situations that would surely send me reeling and then something as seemingly mundane as changing to a new wallet sends me spinning.


Here it is kiddo, your student ID. Your Freshman year... so many changes that year. You had your hair relaxed - mommy was getting pretty skilled with the flat iron. You started getting your eyebrows waxed - remember the older women in Miss Toni's salon saying "Your not going to wax the 'baby's' eyebrows are you?" and you would laugh. They quickly learned how TUF you were. You didn't have to wear your AFOs as often which meant your UGG collection expanded. Oh Kiddo, and of course this was the year you struggled with illness and moved on. Mommy must admit that I said a few not so nice words when I came upon the picture. I am so very grateful for our fabulous journey, for the many lessons you taught and continue to teach me, for the wonderful people you brought into my world. But truth be told... Mommy is angry that I am not preparing you to go to school tomorrow, angry that I am packing for one, just... angry & missing you.

I left many of your cards behind in the old wallet but kiddo this one is staying with me for a while. It is positioned again near my own. This is where I am most comfortable finding 'you'. So when I board the plane on my adventure and pull out my licence there you'll be... that signature smile of yours to greet me and while I know you are with me always it's kinda nice have my traveling companion a bit closer.
I love you sweet girl!
                                                                                                 Always & Forever,
                                                                                                               Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment