Friday, August 19, 2011

Numbers...

Numbers... they are everywhere... dates, measures, alerts...

They are in my HEAD. Some floating in and out. Some ingrained. Some illicit sadness others joy. I need to free up some space so out they come...

16 - The age I most often reference Tyra as being.

17 - The age on her death certificate. Tyra turned 17 on the PICU
         in a comatose state.

6 - The day of the month she took her last breath.

29 - The number of months since I last held her.

40 - The age I'll be turning next month. I often say "I don't know
        when this happened". I think people find this statement to be
        joking in nature, like many who question their aging. I am
        completely serious "I don't know when this happened". The
        years 22-38  *** where did they go??? I have pictures. I have
        Endless Memories as the name of this blog indicates.
        What I want...

16 to be 19 - The age Tyra would be today.

6 to be 19 - Her to be here on this calendar day, breathing.

39 - My age today, without questions on where the last 19 went.   

There are many other numbers, that I am sure to share - release, for now I must return to the number of emails and voicemails overfilling my 'boxes'.

Thank-you for the space.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment