Saturday, July 23, 2011

BLESSINGS...

A friend recently shared that she was taking her young boys to the Science Center in Baltimore. Tyra and I had some fun trips there over the years. I'll always remember Uncle Bruce laying down on 'The Bed of Nails' for her twisted pleasure. There was very little (actually I can't think of anything) Uncle Bruce wouldn't do to get a smile from our sweet girl. Aunt Randy was a good sport too and didn't cringe terribly when we repeatedly pressed buttons for body function sounds :-)

My girl and her interest in body functions. She had the best sense of humor. Everyone Poops, The Gas we Pass, and Walter the Farting Dog were frequent reads in our home. Of course there was also the strategically placed Whopee cushion or fake vomit. Our poor nurses we definitely kept them on their toes.

I've been encountering 'new' people lately. People who will never have the Blessing of physically meeting Tyra on this side of Heaven. The telling of her death is usually greeted with sad faces and expressions of sympathy. I appreciate that others are sorry to learn of my loss. Oh, but I BEG that no one feels sorry for me. I in fact think envy would be a more appropriate response. To have had and still carry a LOVE like ours and to have so many other great loves and experiences in my past and present I assure you I have been BLESSED beyond measure.

One of our favorite trips to the MD Science Center was to take in the touring Grossology exhibit. Tyra was in her glory. The picture below is of us posing in the nostrils of an interactive nose. (How fun is that?) Well, the customary response when one sneezes is to say "God Bless You"


My reply...

"Thank-you, He already has"


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad our trip triggered so many great memories, Connor did lay on a Bed Of Nails:)

    ReplyDelete