Saturday, December 12, 2009

Say UNCLE!

Uncle Bruce, those two words were such sweet music to Tyra's ears. If there were a fan club I'd say my sister Randy, Bruce's wife, would have had stiff competition in Tyra for #1 FAN.


Uncle Bruce was sure to don a funny hat or strike a silly pose to entertain Tyra. I remember him even lying down on a bed of nails for Tyra's twisted pleasure at the MD Science Ctr.





Uncle Bruce was the 'designated pusher' on our many trips to the very hilly National Zoo. With Tyra's encouragement as they descended a slope Bruce would exclaim "My hands are getting slippery". Tyra would laugh to the point of near hyperventilation. Watching the two of them was such a delight.


I knew she could not have been in more trusting or loving hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment