Friday, December 4, 2009

NEVER TOO MANY...

A person can never have too many... pairs of shoes. Tyra had quite the collection. In fact the count exceeded 100 pairs and she loved them all.

Tyra's first tantrum was over a pair of Nikes when she was about 5. She had seen them in Kids Footlocker and I told her we had other shopping to do but would come back before we left the mall. Well as we were heading out (hours later) I turned a corner and Tyra let out a scream. I just knew she had gotten caught in something on her wheelchair. As I am checking her out she is banging her head back againt the headrest to the left. I couldn't find any potential source of pain and tried to calm her asking what was wrong. Finally I looked in the same direction she was and saw that we had just passed Kids Footlocker. As soon as I acknowledged this and turned her towards the store she settled. Of course she got the shoes ;-)
Tyra's love of fashion earned her several best dressed awards. I will admit that I'm a little OCD about matching but the core wardobe was created with her input. Tyra would eyegaze between choices or stare something down until I figured it out. 

Tyra was actually late for her own service. That is right she had people waiting at the viewing because she would have wanted to show off her patchwork UGGS. A special casket was ordered to make this happen and arrived within minutes of the service. Always the FASHIONISTA.  

No comments:

Post a Comment