Friday, December 25, 2009

GIFTS

Grateful for many GIFTS...


A few weeks ago, I asked people to send me stories of Tyra that I would 'open' Christmas morning.
How blessed am I...


From Mr. Alston, who began as Tyra's Middle School History teacher
and became soooo much more:     I  remember the trip to Beyond the Limits Rope Course when Tyra decided to go on the most difficult and highest swing. Nicole was petrified as Tyra went up and up and up and the whole class ran from their rope elements to come watch Tyra. When the hook let go we all held our breath as Tyra swung down. She was screaming and laughing the whole time without a fear. I will never forget the look of fun on her face and the tears in her mother’s eyes. Tears of Joy!




 
From Karen, a family friend :      I thoroughly enjoyed going to the Cherry Blossom Parades with Tyra. It was wonderful!                    
 From the ever sweet Caroline & Karoline

With a C:
Caroline just tells me she remembers Tyra and Glen together and in the limo-she has a tough time saying specifics.
The one thing I remember and always will about Tyra (not a particular time) was her smile. She had a smile that could light up the room! When she smiled you could not help but smile with her, it was contagious and we all know that without you, it never would have been possible either. Tyra spread joy wherever she went and that is what life is all about. Merry Christmas, know that she is in our hearts and she will never be forgotten.

With a K: 
She always speaks of what a wonderful time she had with you and Tyra on the day you all went to Ocean City in the limousine. It was her first time in a limousine and she really liked it. She said you all had lunch at a great restaurant with fantastic food. She said that day was just AWESOME!
She also always talks about what a great dresser Tyra was, she was always in style with a big smile for everyone. She was so sweet and Karoline misses her very much as i know you do too.
She often tells me how Tyra is up in heaven walking around and waiting for her to join her some day, so they can play together again.



From Tyra's longtime friend, Kayla & her mom-my longtime friend, Peaches:


"I loved that I had to keep my eyes on Tyra. Everytime she was around big Kevin if she had a chance she would smack Kevin on his butt. We also looked forward every year to the christmas card"

"Kayla said " she loved the times when you had to chase her and Tyra . She loved pushin Tyra and makin their great escape."



 
 From Miss Bonner, Tyra's extra special teacher & my very kind 'sounding board' aka friend. She spoiled me with an abundance of gifts:

I love how Tyra found humor in every situation. She taught me to take things lightly, that if I was too serious, I wouldn't have any fun. I loved looking at her and always seeing a smile on her face. In this picture, I spilled sprite on my pants and then dropped my keys in a puddle of it. She started cracking up. So of course, I did too!





You and Tyra gave people the opportunity to do things they never would have done if they hadn't met you two. I will never forget the look on Aunt Shirley's face the first time she was getting into a limo. Without you and Tyra, that wouldn't have ever happened. Glenn has travelled and done so many things with you both - things he wouldn't have gotten to do without you. And because he "lub her" so much, he had a great time whenever she was around.



The day of the party was so much fun. We didn't think we could make it any more fun than it already was, but we tried. Sherry took Tyra for a walk around the school. When she came back, we all shouted "surprise!" and got the biggest smile from Tyra. We knew it was going to be a fun day when we saw that smile!



 Mr. Evans's scrapbook was such a fun project. Tyra loved working with Sherry in picking colors that matched. When she made the page to go in the book we gave to Mr. Evans, she chose all the messages herself on the computer. Her scrapbook turned out to be such a good memory - and I promise you will have it soon (if you don't already!)
   
Tyra always always always had the biggest smile of anyone around. Her smile was contagious. Whenever she smiled, everyone smiled. This picture is a game of pin the smile on the butterfly, a "prettier" version of pin the tail on the donkey. Well Kayla was WAY off, since the butterfly was on the board. Tyra loved that Kayla was going in the complete opposite direction, trying to pin the smile on Ms. Parker!

Tyra loved to give people things for any occasion. She was one of the few people who would rather give gifts than to receive them. I still have my little bunny on my nightstand, and say a little prayer every night, thankful that I had the opportunity to know and love Tyra. I also wear the bunny bracelet often, and the teeny stone apple that she brought me from one of her many adventures with you, sits on my computer at school. She picked out perfect presents - all of the gifts she has given me have been so meaningful and perfect for me. I have never seen someone so excited about gift giving as Tyra!!














I remember when you and Tyra so kindly helped us arrange our field trip to get Thanksgiving dinner supplies for the needy. You gave us money to spend for families that may not have had a decent Thanksgiving dinner. We took a field trip to Giant to do the shopping. Everyone that worked there knew Tyra. She was like a celebrity everywhere she went! She even touched the yucky lobster in the seafood department that the rest of us were too chicken to do! I remember going to Maynie's after that for lunch, and you held Tyra the whole time. Seeing you two together was a perfect picture of mother and daughter.
------------------------------------------------------------
MY GIFTS
Her Limitless Joy - Her Boundless Love - Our Endless Memories

Gifts can be found in even the most heartbreaking of times. Our community has rallied together in search of young Sarah Haley Foxwell, who was abducted from her family home on Dec. 22. I can not imagine the pain of a family to not know where there child is.

I take comfort in knowing, I thank God for allowing:

Tyra to pass from my arms to his.

The final words spoken to have been from my lips -
"I am so proud of you, you have always done your very best"
"You are the Love of my Life"
"Thank you for letting me love you"
"It is going to be okay sweet girl"

THANK YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment