Saturday, February 20, 2010

Already so PERFECT

I've been thinking lately of what it may be like for Tyra in heaven. Others have shared their thoughts and images with me making mention of her 'wholeness' and new found abilities. I am grateful when people think of Tyra. I find these comments sweet and hope that people continue to share them. My images of Tyra have been different though. Different, is okay. How she comes to me is a reminder of my love for her, in her already perfect form.    

Tyra has been in my dreams. Usually here, alive as part of our day to day world. Waking from these dreams is difficult as it takes me a moment to catch my breath at the realization she is gone. Twice I have seen Tyra in what I believe must be heaven. The first time was brief and I don't recall her physical surrounding or condition but she whispered the words "You promised". I knew what she meant. The second time she came to me I saw her climbing stairs. Her gait was unsteady and she was holding onto the railing but she was climbing.

I remember explaining to the doctors on the PICU last year that "Tyra was perfect, just the way she had been". It was important that they knew what my expectations for her life were, and that they understood her value to our world. Sure, I wanted more for Tyra. I longed for her to be able to communicate so that anyone she met would understand. I also wished that she could go where she wanted without depending on others. Her life was joyfilled and full of adventure. She was a teacher to those that took the time to know her. She had a huge message.

So, my images of Tyra when I daydream are of her whispering quiet simple words but LAUGHING LOUDLY as she already had mastered. I envision her taking big deliberate independent steps as she did when I supported her physically. With thanks to her little sister, Zyaire, I see their Nanny "feeding Tyra treats", no more feeding tube. I also imagine her swinging big & high, smiling all the while.  

PERFECT

No comments:

Post a Comment