Tuesday, February 21, 2012

THIS vase...

Two years ago I wrote about 'Waking Up'  http://luvinty.blogspot.com/2010/02/waking-up.html

THIS morning I am awake and 'Waking Up' more and more with the recognition of each precious moment.

That morning had been represented by many things, one of which was THIS vase.
THIS vase contained the flowers I had delivered to Tyra at duPont on what was to be her final Valentine's Day. She hadn't been well enough for me to sneak off to get her something so I had these delivered to our well-appointed room on 3F. That morning - THIS vase was loaded into a wagon by our very kind 3F family for our journey to the PICU. I had wanted to leave our room as it was, with the belief that we would surely be returning. That wagon - THIS vase had come to represent a very painful trip.

I recently began making plans for a volunteer trip to Thailand. My affinity for this country, its people, and its customs has grown over the years. During her sixth grade year, Tyra and her group-mates chose Thailand as the country they would present on in their World History class. They spent the semester doing research and of course Tyra and I included a little shopping trip for accessories...


I pulled this collection out recently and had such great memories of this project. Tyra was in her glory with the amazing girls in her group under the guidance of their wonderful teacher. As part of the assignment the girls reenacted a much loved Thai festival...

They constructed beautiful krathongs and sang a traditional song. Tyra using her Dynavox. I am so fortunate that the Loy Krathong festival will be celebrated during my time in Thailand this fall. I have such Joy in the idea of constructing and floating a krathong with my sweet girl guiding its path.

I also have great JOY in
 THIS vase on THIS morning... 


   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment