Saturday, September 17, 2011

TOUGH & DURABLE...

I recently opened a book of poems that has been on my office desk for many years. The collection, "Hope through Heartsongs". The author, Mattie Stepanek, a boy with Muscular Dystrophy who passed away in June of 2004 at the age of 13. I was struck by one poem in particular this past week, rewrote it, and posted it next to my computer screen. It reads...

BOTH SIDES  

Every privilege comes with a responsibility.
Sounds Tough.
Every responsibility comes with a privilege.
Sounds Durable.

Responsibility & Privilege, both have me working into the night 'catching up'. Both had me take a break from the work for which I receive a paycheck to work on the talk I am to share at next months Remembrance Service at the Children's Hospital where Tyra spent her final days and where I continue to find great healing. 

TOUGH & DURABLE
(that about sums it up)

No comments:

Post a Comment