Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dear Tyra...

Hey Kiddo-
     It was this time last year that I found myself writing to you. I've often thought it strange when I saw such letters in the newspaper, like "uh, can't they just talk to the person? You know they are dead afterall, what's up with writing a letter. Do they get the Daily Times in Heaven? or in my case internet access?" Well, I think 'I get it' now. There is something about the physical act of putting these sentiments down, of seeing them, of having them read, the print itself a tangible reminder of how I long to communicate with you. So, here goes...

My dear sweet girl,
   Another year has past and Christmas is once again upon us. I continue to fill the Red Kettles for you, even walking the extra distance at our favorite grocery store. We had planned to ring the bell together sometime, I wish we had, I know you would have loved it. Maybe next year mommy's heart will be healed enough to fullfill this plan, until then I'll make your deposits.
  Your butterfly tree illuminates the living room and our wonderful friend Holly sent me home from a recent visit with snowflake lights which are a sweet addition. Its been said that "Snowflakes are Angel Kisses". You've already begun the delivery and I can not thank you enough. Some of our friends might want me to ask you not to get so carried away this year, but I'm not about to stop you. 
   Today's been extra emotional for mommy. Your 'GURL' turned 18 today, she was always the youngest of the original lil crew. Today I am reminded that you will be forever 17 and that - well that, just sucks.
   Last year I struggled with the idea of decorating your grave site. I refuse to construct a tribute resemblant of Sanford & Son. I miss so much about being your mom and completing craft projects are just one of the long list of things. So, I got into decorating your little tree this year.


 Are you sensing the inspiration?


 Kiddo, as I predicted last year... THIS  doesn't get easier.
It has gotten different, for that I am grateful. 
&
 THIS will still never be okay


I LOVE YOU ALWAYS & FOREVER!!!
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Tyra's Gurl misses her everyday!!! Love Kayla

    ReplyDelete