Saturday, October 23, 2010

ADVENTURES...

(Spoiler Alert if you haven't seen the film).

The movie 'UP' has been playing in my head over the past two days. Well, not the whole movie but this particular scene.

This is the first movie I saw at the theater after Tyra died. I went with our good friend Miss Deb and both of us were in tears at Ellie's note to Carl.

ADVENTURES - I'd say this was the theme of Tyra and my life together. Just as Carl wanted to continue his adventures with Ellie - I too would like nothing more then to do this with my sweet girl. This however is not a choice I have been afforded. What I can do, what I can allow, what I believe Tyra would want for me is to "have new ones".

So, on to why the past two days have brought this about. Yesterday, I had an amazing opportunity to meet a wonderful mom and her very joyful little boy. The meeting was to share the Duet, our tandem bike, with this family. Tuesday I had a voicemail at my office from this wonderful mom inquiring about our bike. She had remembered meeting Tyra & I some years before when we were riding through the park. As her little boy has outgrown their bike trailer she was seeking out something new for him. She remembered US! Oh, how I love when people remember US. She described US to a woman from the Board of Ed and was quickly sent my direction. This woman too remembered US. During the visit on Friday my heart was warmed as this mom spoke of all the adventures they can now have with the Duet. We didn't have a name for our bike before but I think I am going to call it Carl from now on. Afterall, it has been a part of wonderful adventures and now it is off to make new ones.

 As for me, since Tyra died I have been riding solo (I take that back - Tyra is always with me). I too, am having new adventures. I have ridden and taken in some beautiful sites and met some wonderful people along the way. I have decided to call my bike Russell, the little wilderness explorer that Carl befriends

   
SEAGULL CENTURY DIVERSION


COVERED BRIDGE RIDE

PUBLIC LANDING CENTURY





BETWEEN THE WATERS CENTURY
Today's ADVENTURE
THANKFUL FOR
 ALL THE ADVENTURES!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment